141 WING: KEY BUILD FEATURES
Our new 141 Dual Spar All-Metal Wing boasts a number of important and newly designed features. From the large capacity molded Wing Tanks to the custom extruded "D" Spar, this new wing has what it takes to take you and your co-pilot to greater heights.
HERE ARE THE SPECS:
- 21 gallon fuel tank keeps fuel on C.G. for little to no trim change in flight. Fuel mass is closer to the centerline
of the plane, which reduces polar moments and keeps roll rate light and responsive. This large capacity molded tank
provides a convenient location for an electronic fuel gauge if the provided sight gauge is not used. The tight fitting
shape of the wing tank and cutouts in the root rib provide easy installation and visual clarity for the fuel sight gauge,
while fuel tank supports reinforce the wing skin to prevent damage while fueling.
- Dual ribs and Oilite bearings on both aileron and flap provide smooth operation and double-shear joints
for maximum reliability.
- CNC milled flap and aileron bellcranks utilize a ball bearing for smooth operation and long life
- Chromoly bellcrank mounts and wing truss arrive powder coated, internally oiled,
and ready for final assembly.
- Rear Z spar is a custom extrusion made of 6061-T6 alloy that comes CNC milled
with all holes machined to final sizes.
- Aileron geometry produces aero servo and differential deflection to provide feather
light controls and reduce adverse yaw.
- Stringers start as a custom extrusion and are machined
to final hole sizes.
- ABS molded wing tips attach flush to the end of the wing
- Inspection access is provided for easy removal
- D spar is a custom extrusion that forms the leading edge shape and a 5.5 in. tall I beam.
The spars come CNC machined and ready to assemble.
- Strut to wing truss fittings come CNC machined and ready to assemble.
- Stamped wing ribs come machined to final hole sizes. Only a few minutes
with fluting pliers are required before assembly.
- Custom extruded lift strut features twin wall construction for extra strength.
- Struts come CNC machined and ready to assemble.
- Flap hinges feature Oilite bearings for smooth and low effort flap extension.